Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hello Mr. Hendrix

Allow me to explain for the umpteenth time why I never took up guitar: I was gifted a guitar, which I never requested. I thought the strings felt like cheese wire [read they hurt my fingers] and I discovered I held the guitar southpaw.

Upon picking up Lula again, I found the strings don't hurt now, and that I'm still holding the damn thing upside down. [Umm, maybe naming that guitar after my grandmother wasn't the brightest idea.] I tried to play her properly [okay that phrase seems so wrong and anti-feminist] but I found the tiniest strings were painful and the neck seemed huge in my left hand. I was kinda worried about being able to play chords backwards, but then I remembered another southpaw:

Hello Mr. Hendrix!

No comments:

Post a Comment