Monday, July 21, 2014

The Skilled Ones

Alice Cooper was technically the special guess of the headliner at Summerfest; and with that said, I just considered Montey Crue another band. It is there last tour [supposedly] but I've never been a huge fan of 80s rock.  

Still I seat through them, and I must say, I was impressed. I honestly didn't think they could follow Alice Cooper, and I was wrong. I knew who Nikki Sixx was because of TB, so I knew I wasn't going to be blown away musically; but the fact that he's the composer on just about every [or maybe it is every] song is awesome.
I also missed the fact that Tommy Lee is the drummer, but after the first few songs it was clear, and it was a hell of a treat. He broke a snare during the second song, [and he apparently broke the kick drum the show before] and this was the second night of the tour. I'd never heard of the Guitarist before, but his skill was phenomenal. I'm pretty sure he was tripping on something since his fretting hand kept going even after he took it off the fret board, but hot damn, that was lightening fast, well honed skill.

There comes a time when you just have to be in awe of the fact that you are in the present of a master of a craft, that is your passion.    

No comments:

Post a Comment