Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How it is vs how it should be

I have Cerebral Palsy [I believe I've beaten this subject to death with a stick] and nothing sums it up quite like saying my normal is not your normal. Sometimes it's because it's just how my body does whatever, it doesn't necessary mean I can't do whatever they way you do, I just don't see the point of doing it a more difficult way. But there are random times I just do something the normal way, and it tends to bowl people over.
This doesn't really apply, but I love it.

Sometimes I do something because the situation calls for it [apparently the first time I did something like this is when I set up straight on a horse]. Playing bass is one of these situations. My frame is on the small side, so I have to throw my shoulders back in order reach the top frets on Igor. I also move my elbows away from my torso when I do this, which makes my wrist straight. With guitar I don't have to, so I don't, and the results kinda suck.         

No comments:

Post a Comment