Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Farewell, and Thank You

Superchick is officially bowing out. 


 A Christian answer to the secular Girl Power bands, come five years too late; Superchic[k] was the first 'girl band' that my guy friends unashamedly loved too. Most of my [musical fan] firsts came because of this band:
  • First time recognizing a band member off stage, and in totally different clothes.
  • First time I entered a Mosh Pit.
  • First time I got to the barrier.
  • First time I grabbed a record from the stocking cart. [AKA the second best feeling in the world, second only to bass waves.]
  • First [and only] time I've ever yelled something intelligible at a band.
  • First [and only] a band member has replied to me in a crowd.
I've never been suicidal so I won't say they saved my life, but they helped a lot during the hard times.  During the worst of it I'd listen to their song Suddenly, knowing that one day I'd be on the other side of this horrible place. It took me eighteen months, but I got there. If God hadn't worked through these people, I don't know how I would of learned to cope. 

I think it's silly thanking people who get paid to do what they love, but that's what I'm doing. Thank you Max Hsu and gang.

--a fan.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment