Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dave Grolh

I've never been a fan of Nirvana. The music sounds so flat to me. One of my first tip off that I'm slipping into a depression is when I need to turn up my music. If there's nothing jumping out at me I have to turn it up. so I choose not to listen to Nirvana.

While the Foo Fighters have a few more texture when compared Nirvana I've never gotten into them for much of the same reason, yet I still managed to fall down the Dave Grolh rabbit hole via Youtube. Despite never being into his music, he seems have played with all the living greats. In the Rabbit Hole I came to realize what a bazaar spot he's made for himself.

In an interview Mr. Grolh [I may of totally watched the interview just so I'd learn how to pronounce his surname]  he talked about a documentary he produced about a recording studio that recently closed. He made it because he came out of the little bubble the Foo Fighters had created [I'm paraphrasing what he said] and wasn't happy about the current state of music. I may not like the music, but I can respect the man.         

No comments:

Post a Comment