Monday, January 13, 2014

Why I Watched 'It Might Get Loud'

On my many weekend trips on Youtube I've seen the suggestion for this documentary several times. If I've learned anything from music, anything more then two guitarists without sheet music will become a clusterfuck. I heard other people commenting that it would probably be an ego fest.

Come to find you it wasn't an ego fueled clusterfuck [I like that word]. All three of them [This documentary focused around Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White, I guess that's kinda important to mention] are musicians who play guitar well [and have vastly different styles].

I'm really happy I finally watched this; I sure most would think I'm wasting time watching videos like this and claiming that it helps me coming a better musician; and in a way it is a lie. [With the expectation of the that Carol Kaye video] I watch these videos for the feeling of comradery. When I started play I got crap, for being too old and acting too foolish. [Being all of eighteen when I bought Igor.]  When I see the musicians eyes when they listen or play something good, I feel less alone. It's okay to feel joy. Maybe it is silly, but it's okay, because music is awesome.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment