Monday, November 26, 2012

This is Lame (it's Puny!)

Have you watched something and thought "that was me in a past life...wait this is fiction." Well for me it was when I watched Swing Kids and the kid with glasses just like mine couldn't keep up with his friends because of his limp. [and he had a guitar case on his back].


[Spoilers about to happen] 

It just all clicked, we both spouted out names of songs, can't dance, loved music and had an idea of where the world was headed. Just as ever limper I have ever seen Arvid dies in the movie, slits his wrist with a broken record, quite a poetic way to go out if you can divorce yourself from the hurricane of agony and angst left behind a suicide. There are no role models for limper, they all die because what other end could they have, we are all mortal in the end. I can only recall one limper who survived the end of his tale, he was Poe's Hop-Frog. I won't spoil that one for you but if you thought him your hero the psych ward would be at your door.

I think it was the mutational love of music that connected myself with Arvid. Don't believe we're alike?

  Arvid is holding the guitar.

Me for Halloween afew years back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment